Last Updated: June 17, 2018.
Equispheres Inc. (“Equispheres”/“we”/”us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your personal information and ensuring that we conduct our business in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
This statement describes what types of information we collect from or about you, how it is used and protected by us, how and with whom we share it, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
By visiting our website located at www.equipsheres.com or engaging with us for the supply of products or services, you acknowledge that you accept the practices and policies outlined in this privacy statement and you hereby consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance herewith.
This privacy statement does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control. Our website, products and services are intended for businesses. Our customers are responsible for maintaining their own privacy policies governing the collection, use and disclosure of personal information and you are responsible for ensuring that you have obtained the necessary authorizations and consents for any personal information that you make available to us for use in accordance with this privacy statement.
We will always give you the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. We will never authorize anyone else to send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications. We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with selected partners who help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time, so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Your continued use of our site is confirmation of your agreement to our updated statement. The date of last update is indicated at the top of this page. Where we make material changes to this statement, we will notify you by posting an announcement on our website or by sending you an email prior to the change becoming effective.
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you and your company when you engage with our website. We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for.
Information Collection Generally
The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- Name (including title);
- Role in company;
- Company name;
- Phone number;
- Email address;
- The date and time you engaged with our website;
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for;
- Your IP address;
- Your GPS location (where you have permitted access to this);
- The internet browser and devices you are using;
- Cookie, Pixels or Beacon information;
- The website address from which you accessed our website;
- Any information within correspondence you send to us.
As you visit or browse our website, we collect information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, and information about the cookies installed on your device. This information is logged to help diagnose technical problems for analytics and for quality control purposes. We also collect personal information submitted by any visitor to our website through messaging features we make available on our website (eg. If you fill out our Contact form) and use such information for the purpose of responding to your requests.
How do we use this information?
Equispheres will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us (and you can withdraw your consent at any time).
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to:
- Contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you (don’t worry, we won’t bombard you);
- To share your personal information with our recommended third party partners, so that they can contact you with marketing information about their products and services (we will, of course, give you details about these third parties before you give your permission for us to send information to them).
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the details provided within the ‘How can I manage the information we hold about you’ section below or, in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us.
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
Processing necessary for us to support customers with sales and other enquiries
- To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us;
- To provide support services.
Processing necessary for us to respond to understanding customers’ needs
- To analyze, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our website, are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it doesn’t identify you personally);
- To provide service and warranty information and reminders.
- To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so or which we have obtained in the ways mentioned in the paragraphs above;
- For product development purposes (for example to improve product quality, performance and safety);
- In some cases we may use automated methods to analyze, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us. We collect and analyze this information in this way so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience to you by tailoring and making relevant all our service and communications.
Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns
- To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry requested a sample, brochure or other information of interest. We will only contact you with information about our own products and services (and in ways the law allows), which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time;
- To contact you from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business or where we have obtained your business contact details from an online or public business directory. In relation to any such information we send by email or other electronic system, we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing;
- To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
- To identify and record when you have received, opened or engaged with our website or electronic communications.
Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
- To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
- For network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
We may process your personal information to comply with our legal requirements. More specifically, we may disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. Further, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law. We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to: satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; enforce our contracts or user agreement, including investigation of potential violations hereof; and detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. The above may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention. Notwithstanding the general terms of this policy, the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information may be made outside of the terms herein to the extent provided for in any applicable privacy or other legislation in effect from time to time, or pursuant to court orders.
If our business (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired by a third party, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information may be made available or otherwise transferred to the new controlling entity, where permitted under applicable law.
Sometimes we will need to process your personal information to contact you if there is an urgent safety or product recall notice and we need to tell you about it.
How do we share this information?
We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with our third party suppliers who fulfil business activities for us (like marketing, events and market research etc.)
We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may from time to time disclose your information to the following categories of companies or organizations to which we pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf: direct marketing communications agencies and consultants, market research and market analytics service providers, our legal and other professional advisors.
We take steps to ensure that any third-party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information or use aggregated none specific data sets where ever possible.
Due to the international nature of our business, there may be some instances where your information is processed or stored outside of the EU. In those instances, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place for that transfer and storage as required by applicable law.
Equispheres processes and stores its data, including personal information, on servers located in Canada and the United States. Equispheres also transfers data to the third-party service providers described in Sections below.
By submitting personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of your personal information in Canada and the United States. You acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be accessible to law enforcement and governmental agencies in Canada and the U.S. under lawful access regimes or court order.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you are a customer), we hold your personal information for 6 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, brochure, quotation or any other information on any of our products or services, we hold your personal information for 1 year and 6 months from the date we collect that information, unless during that period we form a relationship with you e.g. you purchase our powder or services. We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- Where you have raised a legal claim, complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query; or
- You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see further How can I manage the information we hold about you);
How can I manage the information Equispheres holds about me?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. These rights include the right to access the personal information we hold about you in order to verify the personal information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Once we verify your identity we will provide you with a copy of your personal information, although in certain limited circumstances, and as permitted under law, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you, such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner. We will make every reasonable effort to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. Having accurate personal information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- Correct and update your information;
- Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it). Please see further
- Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object;
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
- Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (“EEA”)
Individuals located in the EEA have certain rights under European law (including under the General Data Protection Regulation) with respect to Personal Information, including the right to request access to, obtain, correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data. Individuals located in to the EEA who wish to exercise these rights, should contact Equispheres using the contact information provided at the bottom of this statement (see Additional Information).
If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed.
Questions regarding this Privacy Statement or Equispheres’ privacy practices should be directed to our Privacy Officer.