Who We Are
Equispheres is a privately held materials science company headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario. Equispheres produces ultra high-performance metal powders to enable more advanced and economical additive manufacturing capabilities in industries such as automotive and aerospace.
Equispheres’ team of researchers, physicists, metallurgists and engineers have developed revolutionary atomization technology that produces free-flowing, consistently sized, agglomerate and fine-free, spherical metal powders. These powder traits are designed to significantly improve additive manufacturing processes, quality and reliability of customers’ end use products.
Equispheres is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer / Designer to join our growing technical team. We are a fast-paced and demanding start-up environment, engaged in the continued development and commercialization of existing and future production processes.
This role will consist of designing, specifying, sourcing, assembling and testing of a variety of industrial process systems and solutions to support the Equispheres’ technology rollout schedule. The ideal applicant will be a demonstrated self-starter with a broad range of technical skills and a demonstrated experience using SolidWorks. The applicant will have hands-on experience and capable of performing additional tasks as required within and ISO or AS9100 environment.
This position will work closely with all members of the Equispheres technical and operations teams reporting to the VP of Product Engineering.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Recognised Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience and a proven track record working with more than one of the following:
- Mechanical design of piping and related transfer systems
- Electro-mechanical systems
- Design and application of fluid power (hydraulic, pneumatic, vacuum)
- Application of variety of industrial process components (e.g. valves, pressure/temperature sensors, flow controllers, blowers and pumps)
- Design for manufacture, component sourcing, system assembly and test of process equipment and systems
- Working knowledge and experience of designing to meet applicable regulations and codes (e.g. TSSA, CEC, NFPA, OHSA)
- Ability to prepare and interpret P&IDs.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with SolidWorks
- 2+ years of project management experience (developing and managing budgets, scheduling, directing and liaising with contractors, vendors and in-house project team)
- Experience in R&D, design of experiments, testing and interpretation of results
- Professional designation or the ability to acquire
- Powder processing, petrochemical and material science knowledge or demonstrated experience
- Proficiency with FEA/CFD software
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving start-up environment
- Production ramp-up experience and working within a quality management framework
Working at Equispheres
Equispheres values integrity, equity, respect, compassion and dignity and it committed to provide a positive, open, inclusive, accessible work environment that applies and embodies those values. At Equispheres, we all contribute to making the environment a positive and great place for everyone. We believe this is critical to our success. Safety is always important – follow, respect and be a champion of safe practices.
Equispheres is proud to offer all of our employees an opportunity to particpate in our share options program as well as a competitive salary and great benefits plan.
Please send a 1) letter of application and 2) resume via email to:
Email: [email protected]
(Please reference Mechanical Engineer / Designer in the e-mail subject)
Equispheres is an equal opportunity employer, with policies and practices intended to build an inclusive and accessible work environment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please include in your cover letter when applying for the position and all efforts to provide the appropriate accommodation will be put into place.