Who We Are
Equispheres is a privately held materials science company headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario. Equispheres produces ultra high-performance metal powders to enable more advanced and economical additive manufacturing capabilities in industries such as automotive and aerospace.
Equispheres’ team of researchers, physicists, metallurgists and engineers have developed revolutionary atomization technology that produces free-flowing, consistently sized, agglomerate and fine-free, spherical metal powders. These powder traits are designed to significantly improve additive manufacturing processes, quality and reliability of customers’ end use products.
Equispheres is currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our growing technical team. We are a fast-paced and demanding start-up environment, engaged in the continued development and commercialization of existing and future production processes.
This individual will take the responsibility of understanding, maintaining and developing existing and new SOPs, workflow and QA procedures for manufacturing Equispheres powder. Additionally, this individual will collaborate with the technical team and operations to specify, source and commission new technology, process capabilities and plant improvements to complement Equispheres core technology advancements and growth.
The ideal applicant will be a demonstrated self-starter with a broad range of technical skills and a demonstrated experience using SolidWorks. The applicant will have hands-on experience and capable of performing additional tasks as required within an ISO or AS9100 environment.
This position will work closely with all members of the Equispheres technical and operations teams reporting to the VP of Product Engineering.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Recognised Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering (or similar).
- 5+ years of applicable experience and a proven track record working within an industrial setting.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge with all or a combination of the following:
- Definition of requirements and specification of production and process plant equipment
- Preparing and maintaining P&ID and PFDs
- Developing and maintaining SOPs and QA procedures
- Coordination of new production and processing equipment installations.
- Developing and implementing new production workflows
- Cost-benefit analysis of existing and new production processes
- Design and application of fluid power systems (hydraulic, pneumatic, vacuum)
- Design and specification of a variety of industrial process components and systems (e.g. valves, pressure/temperature sensors, flow controllers, blowers and pumps)
- Working knowledge and experience of designing to meet applicable regulations and codes (e.g. TSSA, CEC, NFPA, OHSA)
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with SolidWorks
- 2+ years of project management experience (developing and managing budgets, scheduling, reporting, liaising/directing contractors, vendors and in-house project teams)
- Professional designation or the ability to acquire
- Powder processing, petrochemical and material science knowledge or demonstrated experience.
- Experience working within an ERP system an asset.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving start-up environment
- Production ramp-up experience and working within a quality management framework
- Experience performing R&D, design of experiments, testing and interpretation of results.
Working at Equispheres
Equispheres values integrity, equity, respect, compassion and dignity and is committed to provide a positive, open, inclusive, accessible work environment that applies and embodies those values. At Equispheres, we all contribute to making the environment a positive and great place for everyone. We believe this is critical to our success. Safety is always important – follow, respect and be a champion of safe practices.
Equispheres is proud to offer all of our employees an opportunity to particpate in our share options program as well as a competitive salary and great benefits plan.
Please send a 1) letter of application and 2) resume via email to: Email: [email protected]
(Please reference Manufacturing Engineer in the e-mail subject)
Equispheres is an equal opportunity employer, with policies and practices intended to build an inclusive and accessible work environment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please include in your cover letter when applying for the position and all efforts to provide the appropriate accommodation will be put into place.