Who We Are
Headquartered in Kanata, Ontario and privately held, Equispheres is a materials science company focused on advanced technologies such as additive manufacturing and cold spray applications. Equispheres’ vision is to unlock the potential of these technologies by engineering and providing ultra-high-performance, mono-sized metal powders.
Equispheres’ breakthrough atomization technology produces free-flowing, consistently sized, agglomerate and fine-free, spherical metal powders, designed to significantly improve manufacturing processes, quality and reliability of customers’ end use products.
Equispheres’ staff of researchers, metallurgists and engineers offers a range of services including custom alloy development and application support required to meet demanding aerospace, automotive, medical and military component requirements.
Equispheres is currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our growing technical team. We are a fast-paced and demanding start-up environment, engaged in the continued development and commercialization of existing and future production processes.
This individual will take the responsibility of understanding and maintaining existing SOPs, workflow and QA procedures for manufacturing Equispheres powder. Additionally, this individual will collaborate with their technical team peers and operations to specify and commission new technology, process capabilities and plant improvements to complement Equispheres core technology advancements and growth.
The ideal applicant will be a demonstrated self-starter with a broad range of technical skills and a demonstrated experience using SolidWorks. The applicant will have hands-on experience and capable of performing additional tasks as required within an ISO or AS9100 environment.
This position will work closely with all members of the Equispheres technical and operations teams reporting to the VP of Product Engineering.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Recognised Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering (or similar).
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience and a proven track record working within and industrial setting.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge with all or a combination of the following:
- Definition of requirements and specification of production and process plant equipment
- Preparing, owning and maintaining P&ID and PFDs
- Developing and maintaining SOPs and QA procedures
- Installation and coordination of new production and process plant equipment
- Developing new production workflows
- Cost-benefit analysis of existing and new production processes
- Design and application of fluid power systems (hydraulic, pneumatic, vacuum)
- Design and specification of a variety of industrial process components (e.g. valves, pressure/temperature sensors, flow controllers, blowers and pumps).
- Working knowledge and experience of designing to meet applicable regulations and codes (e.g. TSSA, CEC, NFPA, OHSA).
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with SolidWorks.
- 2+ years of project management experience (developing and managing budgets, scheduling, reporting, and liaising/directing contractors, vendors and in-house teams).
- Professional designation or the ability to acquire.
- Powder processing, petrochemical and material science knowledge or demonstrated experience.
- Experience working within an ERP system an asset.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving start-up environment.
- Production ramp-up experience and working within a quality management framework.
Working at Equispheres
Equispheres values integrity, equity, respect, compassion and dignity and it committed to provide a positive, open, inclusive, accessible work environment that applies and embodies those values. At Equispheres, we all contribute to making the environment a positive and great place for everyone. We believe this is critical to our success. Safety is always important – follow, respect and be a champion of safe practices.
Compeitive salary and benefits plan.
Equispheres is an equal opportunity employer, with policies and practices intended to build an inclusive and accessible work environment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please include in your cover letter when applying for the position and all efforts to provide the appropriate accommodation will be put into place.