Who We Are
Headquartered in Kanata, Ontario and privately held, Equispheres is a materials science company focused on advanced technologies such as additive manufacturing and cold spray applications. Equispheres’ vision is to unlock the potential of these technologies by engineering and providing ultra-high-performance, mono-sized metal powders.
Equispheres’ patent-pending atomization technology produces free-flowing, consistently sized, agglomerate and fine-free, spherical metal powders, designed to significantly improve manufacturing processes, quality and reliability of customers’ end use products.
Equispheres’ staff of researchers, metallurgists and engineers offers a range of services including custom alloy development and application support required to meet demanding aerospace, automotive, medical and military component requirements.
Equispheres is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Controls Technician or Technologist to join our growing technical team.
We are a fast-paced and demanding start-up environment, engaged in the continued development and commercialization of existing and future production processes.
With the oversight of the Senior Controls Engineer this role will consist of:
- Reading and interpreting drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specification to plan wiring layout and provide feedback to the Controls Engineer.
- Building testing control panels and electrical systems based on drawings and electrical standards.
- Installing conduits, cable trays, connectors, cables and wires between panels & equipment.
- Design and updates of electrical control panel and schematic diagrams using AutoCAD.
- Install, test and maintain electrical and control wiring, equipment, apparatus, and fixtures for the production equipment
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in the electrical and control systems.
- Supporting the maintenance and repair of electrical and control wiring and production equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal applicant will have demonstrated hands-on experience in a production environment.
The role will work closely with all members of the Equispheres technical and operations teams but primarily under the direction of the Controls Engineer. This role reports to the VP of Product Engineering.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must have a completed a post-secondary diploma or specialized course in a related field to controls, electrical, electronics, automation or electro-mechanical.
- Must have 2+ years of hands-on experience in an industrial setting, working with electrical, automation, processing equipment installation, wiring and commissioning.
- Proficient with AutoCAD Plant 3D, SolidWorks an asset.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with ControlLogix/CompactLogix PLC, AV PLC Programming using Studio 5000, FactoryTalk would be an asset.
- Experience in a production environment and working within a quality management framework.
Working at Equispheres
Equispheres values integrity, equity, respect, compassion and dignity and is committed to providing a positive, open, inclusive, accessible work environment that applies and embodies those values. At Equispheres, we all contribute to making the environment a positive and great place for everyone. We believe this is critical to our success. Safety is always important – follow, respect and be a champion of safe practices.
Equispheres is proud to offer all of our employees an opportunity to particpate in our share options program as well as a competitive salary and great benefits plan.
Typical standard 40-hour work schedule, but with some flexibility on occasion to support issues beyond standard hours.
Less than 10%.
Please send a 1) Cover letter and 2) resume via email to:
Email: [email protected]
(Please reference Electrical Controls Technician or Technologist in the e-mail subject)
Equispheres is an equal opportunity employer, with policies and practices intended to build an inclusive and accessible work environment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please include in your cover letter when applying for the position and all efforts to provide the appropriate accommodation will be put into place.