Who We Are
Equispheres is a privately held materials science company headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario. Equispheres produces ultra high-performance metal powders to enable more advanced and economical additive manufacturing capabilities in industries such as automotive and aerospace.
Equispheres’ team of researchers, physicists, metallurgists and engineers have developed revolutionary atomization technology that produces free-flowing, consistently sized, agglomerate and fine-free, spherical metal powders. These powder traits are designed to significantly improve additive manufacturing processes, quality and reliability of customers’ end-use products.
Equispheres is currently seeking an experienced Director of Business Development to build and lead our sales team. We are a fast-paced and demanding start-up environment, engaged in the continued development and commercialization of existing and future production processes.
This position will report to the VP of Strategic Partners and Alliances and work closely with all members of the Equispheres applications engineering and marketing teams.
The role will be responsible for:
- The development and execution of the business development strategy to drive our product into the market space and obtain market share leadership. This will involve the development of deep relationships with the customer base to build an understanding of the issues and challenges of metal additive manufacturing and to identify and promote the value of Equispheres products and services.
- Building the sales team to meet the company’s annual sales targets.
The ideal applicant will be a demonstrated leader with a broad range of sales, networking and communication skills.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or a similar technical specialty).
- 5+ years of applicable experience and a proven track record in sales and customer relationship management
- 3+ years of management experience
- Experience in business development in Automotive, Commercial Aerospace, Space or Defence sectors
- Desirable Requirements:
- Background in manufacturing with an emphasis on metal additive manufacturing
- Background in metallurgy
Working at Equispheres
Equispheres values integrity, equity, respect, compassion and dignity and is committed to providing a positive, open, inclusive, accessible work environment that applies and embodies those values. At Equispheres, we all contribute to making the environment a positive and great place for everyone. We believe this is critical to our success. Safety is always important – follow, respect and be a champion of safe practices.
Equispheres is proud to offer all of our employees an opportunity to participate in our share options program as well as a competitive salary and great benefits plan.
Ability to travel as needed.