Who We Are
Equispheres is a privately held materials science company headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario. Equispheres produces ultra high-performance metal powders to enable more advanced and economical additive manufacturing capabilities in industries such as automotive and aerospace.
Equispheres’ team of researchers, physicists, metallurgists and engineers have developed revolutionary atomization technology that produces free-flowing, consistently sized, agglomerate and fine-free, spherical metal powders. These powder traits are designed to significantly improve additive manufacturing processes, quality and reliability of customers’ end use products.
Equispheres is currently seeking an experienced Director of Business Development & Sales to build and lead our sales team. We are a fast-paced and demanding start-up environment, engaged in the continued development and commercialization of existing and future production processes.
This position will report to the Chief Operation Officer (COO) and work closely with all members of the Equispheres applications engineering and marketing teams.
The role will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing a staged sales strategy that is initially product-led and evolves into more sophisticated channel and licensing business models. Equispheres powders are superior to the extent that product acceptance will rapidly accelerate as a result of early adopter sales, validation and share of market.
- Identifying and promoting the value of Equispheres products and services in R&D organizations within large product OEMs.
- Navigating and developing deep relationships with the customer base to build an understanding of the issues and challenges of metal additive manufacturing.
- Providing iterative feedback and customer input across the team, informing applications engineering, pricing, and marketing decisions going forward.
- Building the sales team to meet the company’s annual sales targets and expertise requirements.
The ideal applicant will be a demonstrated leader with a broad range of sales, networking and communication skills.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Leadership and strategic thinking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar technical specialty).
- 5+ years of applicable experience and a proven track record in sales and customer relationship management in complex OEM environments with sophisticated R&D, procurement, and financial objectives.
- 3+ years of management experience.
- Experience in business development in automotive, aerospace, space, or defense sectors.
- Process knowledge.
- Planning and coordination.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Recent exposure to metal additive manufacturing and innovation.
- A background in metallurgy would be considered an asset.
Working at Equispheres
Equispheres values integrity, equity, respect, compassion, and dignity and is committed to provide a positive, open, inclusive, accessible work environment that applies and embodies those values. At Equispheres, we all contribute to making the environment a positive and great place for everyone. We believe this is critical to our success. Safety is always important – follow, respect and be a champion of safe practices.
Equispheres is proud to offer all of our employees an opportunity to participate in our share options program as well as a competitive salary and great benefits plan.
Ability to travel as needed.
Equispheres is an equal opportunity employer, with policies and practices intended to build an inclusive and accessible work environment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please include in your cover letter when applying for the position and all efforts to provide the appropriate accommodation will be put into place.