Who We Are
Equispheres develops, manufactures, and markets high-performance metal powders for 3D Printing using a unique patent-pending technology. Our vision is to unlock the potential of these technologies by engineering and providing ultra-high-performance mono-sized metal powders.
Headquartered in Kanata, Ontario, and privately held, Equispheres is a materials science company focused on advanced technologies such as additive manufacturing and cold spray deposition. In addition to metal powders, Equispheres’ R&D staff specialize in metallurgy and provide engineering services for alloy development.
Equispheres is hiring Quality Technicians to be apart of the Quality and Prep Team. The Quality Technician positions are fulltime, permanent roles that report into the Manager of Procurement & Logistics.
- Performs quality standard inspections, tests, and measurements of parts and materials used in manufacturing process.
- Records and inputs data into tables and databases.
- Prepares and transports parts and materials for use.
- Uses tools and equipment and ensures their calibration.
- Communicates priorities and status with the Quality and Prep Team.
- Reports and follows up with parts and materials that fail quality inspections and tests.
- Ensures working areas are clean and organized.
- Handles components with agility, precision, and care.
Qualifications & Skills:
- General knowledge of quality processes.
- Ability to work in sitting and standing positions and be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience using inspection tools and equipment (i.e.: microscopes, calipers).
- Able to follow detailed process instructions and operate plant machinery.
- Visual and manual dexterity.
- Basic level computer skills and required.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Must agree to complete a background check.
Working at Equispheres
Equispheres values integrity, equity, respect, compassion and dignity and it committed to provide a positive, open, inclusive, accessible work environment that applies and embodies those values. At Equispheres, we all contribute to making the environment a positive and great place for everyone. We believe this is critical to our success. Safety is always important – follow, respect and be a champion of safe practices.
Equispheres is proud to offer all of our employees shares within the company as well as a competitive salary and great benefits plan. This position falls within the Professional 1 category and salary is commensurate with experience.
Equispheres is an equal opportunity employer, with policies and practices intended to build an inclusive and accessible work environment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please include in your cover letter when applying for the position and all efforts to provide the appropriate accommodation will be put into place.
Please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]